Learn how to apply the breathing, mental, and training techniques used by top level freedivers to sudden and long breath holds. This course will improve your breathing, safely train your breath hold in the water, and help you recover faster. Being able to manage stress through better control of your body and mind will help you remain calm and conserve oxygen during a wipeout.
YOU SHOULD ATTEND IF YOU WANT TO:
- Improve your breathing & increase your breath hold
- Overcome fear that limits your surfing
- Master your nervous system
- Relax during hold downs
- Recover faster between sets
- Challenge yourself and experience something new
About the Course:
Courses are held in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area on request. Maximum 8 students per course.
- What causes the urge to breathe
- The mammalian dive reflex
- Breathing and relaxation techniques for breath holds
- Effective recovery breathing
- How to train your urge to breathe tolerance
- Simulate difficult situations in the surf
- Learn how to swim effectively underwater
- Learn buddy and rescue procedures for training
- Learn how to train for sudden and long breath holds
Duration: 4 hours
Send an email or a message on Facebook for requests.