Wave 1 - Introduction to Freediving
Discover your natural freediving ability.
Join the Molchanovs Wave 1 Course with Freedive California, and you will see how comfortable you can be in the water! You will learn the basics of freediving and all the techniques you need to dive down to 20 meters in the safest and most comfortable way.
In this course, we will also introduce you to the basics of freediving, including diving without fins and developing your skills to become a reliable freediving buddy.
Molchanovs Wave 1 Course Outline
Via online videos and a course manual, you will learn:
- Physics and physiological basics of freediving
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- Mental techniques/relaxation
- Introduction to equalization
- Mamalian Dive Reflex
- Potential trauma
- Multiple choice exam
Two Pool Sessions
In these sessions you will learn:
- Introductions of freediving equipment
- Static breath holds (STA)
- Techniques: Finning technique, body position and turns
- Dynamic diving (DYN)
- Introduction to Dynamic without Fins (DNF)
- Buddy and rescue procedures
Three Open Water Sessions
In the open water sessions you can apply all that you learn from the theory and pool sessions!
In open water you will learn:
- Introductions of techniques: Duck dives, body positioning, equalization
- Basic safety and rescue: Buddy and rescue procedures
- Freediving techniques: Free Immersion (FIM) & Constant Weight (CWT) to 12-20m depth.
As a certified Molchanovs Wave 1 freediver you will be able to meet the following requirements:
- 1:30+ min static breath hold
- 30m diving horizontally in the pool
- Diving 12 – 20m depth in open water
Course duration: 2 days
Requirements: Able to swim non-stop for 200m
Once you make a deposit you will get access to the online course. This will reserve your spot in the course and is highly recommended so you can begin learning the fundamentals of freediving and practice equalization before you get in the water!